1. The most immediate way to reduce the appearance of large pores is through exfoliation. Simply one use of a gentle scrub or leaving a gentle serum on the skin overnight will give instant improvement. Once the skin is exfoliated, it’s important to use a good moisturizer to give the skin hydration so the pores stay plump. Exfoliating your skin on a regular basis will help remove surface dry cells so the opening of the pores are less deep, making them look smaller.
Regular facials are key for true skin analysis, deeper exfoliation, improved blood circulation, extractions if necessary to help with clogged pores and overall relaxation.
Products that provide exfoliation and make pores look smaller are:
Aveda’s radiant skin refiner. This exfoliant is formulated with natural bamboo extract and finely powdered tourmaline that removes dull, dead skin cells, revealing smoother, more radiant facial skin.
Aveda’s tulasara firm concentrate. This serum helps promote the facial natural production of collagen to lift and firm the skin giving the appearance of less noticeable pores.
Scrub your skin.
This is one of the most important steps in a facial skincare ritual that I am forever amazed so many leave out at Main Street Day Spa.
Aveda has a wonderful skin resurfacing scrub in which bamboo is used to gently but effectively act as a manual exfoliation and is crucial to release the dead cells from the surface. Bamboo is unlike a granular scrub (nut kernels can scratch the skin, which can result in damage and possible infection).
Regular facial exfoliation also allows the incredible nutrients in your skincare products to actually penetrate.
Also extremely important for healthy skin; drink plenty of water throughout the day. I can always tell when a facial client is dehydrated because her make up settles into the pores.
Next subject for January 2018, we’ll look at dry skin verses dehydrated Skin.
It is recommended that you exfoliate your face at least twice a week. But if you have sensitive skin, you can exfoliate once a week, as it might cause some skin irritation. If you live in a warmer climate or you have oily skin, you can exfoliate more than twice a week to get rid of dead skin cells.
For a deeper exfoliation, our Perfecting Plant Peel and Dual Exfoliation Facials combine Aveda’s naturally derived mechanical and biochemical exfoliation methods to retexturize skin, smooth fine lines, refine the look of pores, and restore radiance.
We offer special savings on exfoliating facials when purchased as a series of three or six. Be sure to check our current specials for the most up-to-date information.
Photo credit: ian dooley
I wouldn’t recommend a bikini or Brazilian wax on your period, as this skin is more sensitive and could make the process more uncomfortable. But if you don’t generally have sensitive skin or have not had an adverse reaction in the past, removing other body hair or facial hair should be okay.
Dermaplaning, also called “Blading”, is a method of exfoliation that consists of using a surgical blade to gently remove the top layer of dulling dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion. In addition to this lovely treatment, it removes all the vellus hair. #Dermaplaning #facials #exfoliation #Aveda
Main Street Day Spa is now offering this service. It can be a stand alone appointment or combined with the Aveda Perfecting Plant Peel.
A great product for home care after this service is the Aveda Intense Hydrating Masque.
Make your appointment today!
“I tan easily. I don’t need sunscreen.” While it’s true that darker skin is less likely to burn from sun exposure, this does not mean the skin is not being damaged
Continual exposure to UV rays causes cumulative damage to the skin structures, elastin and collagen fibrils.
• Clinical Results:
• Both reduced fine lines and wrinkles by about 30%
• Both reduced pore size by about 37%
• Botanical Skin Resurfacing provides 52% more radiant skin (35% vs. 23%)
• Botanical Skin Resurfacing provides 65% less redness (14% vs. 40%)
• Consumer perception panel results:
• 4 out of 5 people prefer the results of Botanical Skin Resurfacing over Microdermabrasion
• Most common reason for preference was less redness and irritation
• Botanical Skin Resurfacing Summary:
• Aggressive treatments wound skin and cause inflammation
• Same result as Microdermabrasion with less irritation
• High touch treatments reduce chronic stress
This Aveda Skincare treatment is available for $80
Reducing wrinkles probably have more to do with what you put in your body than what you put on it.
Carotenoids: Best food sources~ Butternut squash, carrots and spinach.
Polyphenols: Best food sources~ Coffee, dark chocolate, red wine and tea.
Vitamin C: Best food sources~ Bell peppers, citrus, red cabbage, and strawberries.
One way to achieve healthy looking skin is to eat the foods listed above and to have our Estheticians treat your skin with our anti-oxidant facial. Everyone should have at the least, four facial cleansings a year. One after every season.
Estrogen is responsible for preventing a decrease in skin collagen and maintaining skin thickness.
Isoflavons can mimic human estrogens. A number of studies have shown that yes, using isoflavons can indeed improve the look of skin over a six- month period.
Facials are key to healthy skin and in partnering with your home care regimine .